Wednesday, May 18, 2011
I was thinking about why I don't make bread very often even though I can. I love homemade bread. I almost ate one whole loaf by myself after these came out of the oven.
So here is why I hate making bread:
1. It takes too long.
2. If I use up all the ingredients then I have to buy more.
3. It always makes a big mess in the kitchen.
4. I hate the way the dough sticks to the sponge when you try to wash up the bowl.
5. I feel like the Little Red Hen and Nobody ever helps, boo whoo poor me.
6. I could be checking email instead of kneading.
7. All that work and only two loaves to show for it.
8. It gets eaten too fast.
9. It is never as good as my mom's bread even if I use her recipe.
10. A loaf of bread only costs $2.50-$3 at the store.
Okay, I know all of them are just lame excuses. At least I can if I ever really needed too. I'm just counting my blessings that I don't really have to right now.