Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Jack and the Sunflower-stalk

MMM, Lemon Meringue Pie. I cooked it 3 min. too long so it is a bit dark on the peaks but it didn't taste too bad. In fact I think it was better, kind of like the well done scrambled egg thing. Not too runny or raw.

This was the best recipe for zucchini bread I have tried all summer. 3 cups of zucchini, the more the better. It had a hearty taste because of the wheat flour with a tinge of cinnamon. Sadly, it never comes out of these pans without sticking! I guess I need to invest in some parchment paper. I was making these to give to a neighbor but now will have to eat them both. Darn.

The Sunflower is getting TALL. It doesn't have any seeds yet.








I lost the lemon cucumbers in the garden but after the frost hit I found them way out on the edge of the garden hiding in the pumpkin patch. Mystery solved. They don't taste good this big and they didn't get enough water so they will get thrown in the compost pile. Too bad. My neighbor said this was her kids favorite in their garden. Luckily there will be a next year to try again.

I don't know what this blog is actually about: Here is a last parting picture for you. A DOUBLE RAINBOW ALL THE WAY! The kids kept running in circles and dancing quoting the Yosemite guy in his scruffy voice. It was awe inspiring.

No comments: