Thursday, August 30, 2012

Divergent #1 & Insurgent #2 - Triology by Veronica Roth


This series took all summer to read because the books were forever on hold at the library! Finally I just finished the second book. I forgot there was a third book but it isn't written yet! UHHHGG. At least the second book doesn't leave on a cliffhanger like the first book.
This is another dystopian book for Young Adults. I think it was well written despite the predictable ending which I tried not to think about so it would be a surprise...

The books are based on a place where you have to choose Factions or groups of people you are like to live with even if your family isn't there, I guess they are like virtues. They become your family. There are five of them: Candor (the honest), Abnegation (the selfless), Dauntless (the brave), Amity (the peaceful), and Erudite (the intelligent). The main character is Tris, she changed her name after joining a faction. She has a very interesting, action packed life. She also falls in love and the second book is a little sappy in parts but then it just drops that in the end and focuses on the action and ends kind of abruptly without resolving a few things in her relationship with this guy who becomes the second main character. It is hard to write this without giving stuff away. Anyway, I love the conflict in Tris's heart as she tries to make the right choices but can't grasp what that is sometimes and then relies on what she just feels she needs to do. Most people don't understand her and her life is constantly in danger but she is pretty dangerous too.

I liked the books so far, can't wait for the last one. Really I always promise myself not to start reading a series that isn't finished but yet again I am left hanging.

Broken, Healing books.

No comments: