Thursday, September 22, 2011

Random fun in Sept.

Scouts went repelling at City Rock in IDAHO. I was so jealous!


Peter was very brave. He finally finished his repelling merit badge!

Mike the Belayer. He also went "Aussie" down the mountain. That means face first.


Made Oatmeal bread for the Ward dinner. It seemed like it would be gross but turned out okay. I want to try again and see if it will rise a bit more. I also did a Dried Fruit demonstration. It was fun to share dried apples with the ward. I have been experimenting with jello dipped apples because they turn a beautiful red and make a great Christmas treat. I have given up on drying Zucchini, no matter what you do to it, it just tastes gross.

We had extra salt clay so we made creations!

We painted them after they came out of the oven. Cool Beads Jill!

Airplane, can you tell?


He likes BIG guns!

Our poor cat Slinky has been missing for 3 days. We have been so worried. I just needed to know if she was dead or alive. So I called the Animal Control and they checked their files for dead cats cleaned off the road. She wasn't on the list and then that afternoon my sister came home early from work and said she thought she just saw the cat in the driveway. I said it must be the neighbors cat that looks like our cat. I was just so sure she was dead and didn't want to get my hopes up. Then later I went in the garage and what do you know there she was. She must have been hit by a car, or at least nicked because the side of her face is not looking so good. She wouldn't stay in the garage and she looked really sick. So she is off somewhere by herself to get better or die in the backyard. I am glad we got to see her and say good-bye. I do hope she gets better but I am just so relieved to see her and know that she isn't roadkill or suffering something worse all by herself in a ditch. We never did find out what happened to Tiger Princess earlier this summer but we just never saw her again.

She has nine lives but I am not sure which one she is on. Sometimes she just sits in the road for no reason but to tease the cars coming straight at her. I hope she learned her lesson.

3 comments:

Pam said...

ewwwwwww

le said...

Why do you think she got hit by a car instead of got in a fight with another cat? Looks like a fight to me. Sorry to say she lost, the losing cat has head scratches, while the winning cat has tail scratches.

The Bec-ster said...

You can't tell from the picture but it looks like her cheek bone is broken and her eye is out of place. This isn't your normal roll and scratch meow cat fight. It looks like she was nicked by a moving vehicle and just barely missed being squished flat by the tire. She is in the road all the time! Stupid cat.