Friday, April 15, 2011

The Hiding Place by Corrie Ten Boom

This a second read for me! It was as inspiring at the first time. It amazes me what people can go through and live to tell about it with out being bitter and broken for life. This is of course only possible through our Savior Jesus Christ. Corrie Ten Boom will always be my hero for living what she preached, literally. Her family was courageous as they opened their hearts to help others in need during Hitlers rein.

Corrie not only hid Jews, she was also sent to prison and a concentration camp. But it didn't end there, God had a complete purpose for her. After she came home she reached out to so many people that needed a place to heal. She also even reached out to those in Germany that were part of why the healing had to happen. She went all the way when it came to helping her enemies. She understood how all of Gods children need love and can repent.

I think this book will stay with me for a long time. I want to follow Christ's example and if I ever get to the point of such despair I hope I can turn it over to our maker and have faith in His words just like Corrie was able to do.

WHOLE BOOK

No comments: