Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson

This was a very cool Fantasy/Fiction book. I like the way there was constantly something new and a lot of action.
The book takes place in a world that is ruled by an evil ruler, most people consider him God. There are classes of people and the lowest is the Skaa. The world has ash constantly falling from the sky and the sun is red. It wasn't always like this but most don't remember it any other way. A few of the Skaa rebel and try to overthrow the government. This is a story about their attempt.
There is a girl that joins the rebellion or their group. Her name is Vin. She finds out stuff about herself and her abilities. Some people can swallow different metals and then have different powers. Usually it is only the nobility but sometimes someone slips through. These people join together for an adventure.
I couldn't put it down. And luckily there are two more books in the series. I can't wait to get my hands on those!

Healing Book

2 comments:

Jenny said...

I love fantasy books. I just put this one on hold at the library. I just finished one called Graceling, it had some of the most memorable characters I've ever read. I highly recommend it if you have read it yet.

The Bec-ster said...

I that the one by Kristin Cashore? Our library doesn't have it yet but I heard it was good and would like to read it!