Tuesday, January 24, 2012

The Girls from Ames: A Story of Women and Friendship by Jeffrey Zaslow

I liked this book because I could relate. It is about a group of girls that have known each other since they were little girls and they went through high school and all kinds of coming of age experiences and they still keep in touch after 40 years. The part I didn't like in this book was when the author tried to glamorize the high school booze parties and many many boyfriends the girls had during that time period in their lives. I did like the last 1/4 of the book when it seemed to be more genuine and real about life and the difficulties of being a mom or loosing a child or getting cancer. I really think the girls were honest and the friendships really helped them through these hard times. They were real people near the end of the book not just bragging spoiled teenagers. I also like how the parent relationships were referred to often and learned from later in life.

Broken Book, Healing Book


I also re-read:
Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli
and Brisingr (Inheritance #3) by Christopher Paolini



No comments: