Saturday, March 27, 2010

An Actor and a housewife by Shannon Hale

I actually liked this book. I really loved her humor. Of course it wasn't as good as her fantasy fiction type books but this one was, relate able. Not the part about the screenwriting or her husbands cancer or even being best friends with a famous Hollywood star BUT the parts where she is a housewife with kids and the day to day part of getting through it, being pregnant and post postpartum stuff... That I can relate to. I also liked how the book really made me think about my own values and what I think would be the right thing to do. I didn't agree with her on quite a few levels but at least I liked the ending. I usually don't. The funniest parts actually came from her take on utah mormons. She isn't mean just humorous and mostly right with her stereotypes. She did ramble on a lot but if you can get through that she has a good story!

Healing Book

No comments: