Tuesday, August 15, 2006

The River by Gary Paulsen

I just read the sequel to Hatchet. It was really good. I wanted something more after finishing the first book and I guess a lot of fans did too. The author had 60 letters a day asking him to write another book. So he finally did.

The boy in the story goes on another adventure. This time on purpose but then unexpected things happen and he is forced to use his survival skills to make it out of the wilderness alive. He is also not alone this time. I love how the author totally get in his head! His thoughts and actions are from his point of view with feeling and fear. Then he conquers fear and presses on...

This book would be great for boys but I'm a girl and I really liked it too.
It is a Healing and Whole Book.

Great news there is also a continuation of the first book Hatchet called Brian's Winter...The story takes off right before he was rescued and he isn't rescued. He has to survive the winter in the Canadian wilderness instead of just 54 days of summer and fall. Can't wait to get that one!

No comments: