Friday, January 02, 2009

Book List READ in 2008

It is time to reveal the list...did I waste my time or did I read stuff to improve myself and the world around me? Well, to be honest I am a little disappointed with this years list...I can blame it on moving and not having a library card or I don't have my two book groups that I love in CA here in UT and haven't joined one here yet..or that there is just so much junk to read out there in the main steam right now and I gave into temptation. Excuses excuses...Anyway, my goal each year is to read 50 or more books but I have come up short by 2 books this year. If I counted magazines or some more smaller children's books I am way over this goal but I don't count those so I am under. Still I read a lot and had fun!

1,2,3:Addy An American Girl Series book 4,5,6 by C. Port...
4:A Dog's Life by Anne M. Martin
5:Bud, Not Buddy by Christopher Paul Curtis *
6:The Five People You Meet In Heaven by Mitch Albom
7:An Assembly Such As This (Book 1) by Pamela Aidan
8:A Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett *
9:The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett *
10:Brisingr by Christopher Paolini
11:Journey To The Center Of The Earth by Jules Verne
12:Rapunzel's Revenge by Shannon and Dean Hale
13:Prince Caspian by CS Lewis *
14:The Horse and His Boy by CS Lewis *
15:The Magician's Nephew by CS Lewis *
16: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader by CS Lewis*
17:Book of a Thousand Days by Shannon Hale
18:Boy and Going Solo by Roald Dahl *
19:Sherlock Holmes selected stories by Arthur Conan Doyle
20:The Dragonriders of Pern by Anne McCaffrey *
21:Breaking Dawn by Stephanie Meyer
22:Dragonsdawn by Anne McCaffrey
23:Freckles by Gene Stratton Porter *
24:The Mermaid Chair by Sue Monk Kidd
25:The Westing Game by Ellen Raskin *
26:Specials by Scott Westerfield
27:Pretties by Scott Westerfeld
28:Uglies by Scott Westerfeld
29:Roald Dahl's Book of Ghost Stories
30:A Series of Unfortunate Events Book 13 The End By Lemony Snicket
31:Sister Carrie by Theodore Dreiser
32:The Golden Compass by Philip Pullman
33: The Subtle Knife by Philip Pullman
34: The Amber Spyglass by Philip Pullman
35:Twilight by Stephanie Meyer
36:Breaking Dawn by Stephanie Meyer
37:Eclipse by Stephanie Meyer
38:New Moon by Stephanie Meyer
39:Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden
40:Island of the Blue Dolphins by Scott O'Dell
41:Out of Nowhere by Ouida Sebestyen
42:Maniac Magee by Jerry Spinelli
43:The Secret of the Andes by Ann Nolan Clark
44:Rules by Cynthia Lord
45:Joseph Smith the prophet by Trueman G. Madsen *
46:Aesop's Fables retold by Ann McGovern
47:The Higher Power of Lucky by Susan Patron
48:Your Mother Was A Person: A Work In Progress by Louis M. Palmer *

* Are the books I would recommend and read again that I feel were not a waste of time! Sadly out of the whole list there were only 12. *

1 comment:

bug girl said...

You failed! I failed too. Only I am 5 short not 2 short. Oh, why did I not read a bit more and watch a little less tv and movies?