Sunday, October 28, 2007

Mr. Popper's Penguins by Richard Atwater and Florence Atwater

Have you been day dreaming lately? Do you want to be somewhere else? Have you seen all the places you wanted to before you got married, had children and went to work everyday? If you answered yes to any of those questions then this is the book you can relate too.
I read this book to my second child and the 1st child took it and finished it way before us. It is a very silly book about a man that wants to explore the poles. He gets a penguin and the next thing you know he has 12! They have some adventures and travel all over the USA. In the end this ordinary guy, Mr. Popper, has his wishes come true. Almost made me cry...just kidding the book is too funny for tears!

Great read out loud...Whole BOOK.

1 comment:

le said...

This was my favorite book as a child, and I didn't even like reading as a child. Its amazing.