Sunday, January 21, 2007

INKHEART by Cornellia Funke

This book was recommended by a few people. It is a Juvenile Fiction/fantasy type book. I was excited to read it but was very disappointed after just a few chapters. For one, usually a long book is just really good because so much is in it and the plot can be developed in a clever way and you love to keep reading. BUT this book though it was 534 pages long never really got better.

For some reason I had to get to the end and I kept reading. So I guess it was okay just not great. A little girl and her dad go on an adventure but then they are kidnapped...there were so many bad guys in this book it was kind of scary. Someone has the ability to read out loud and the characters come to life out of the book. There was mystery and suspense and a lot of characters introduced but nothing really happened.

I read the book because I heard they were going to make a movie based on the book. I don't know if I want to see it now. AND there are more books after this one so I guess I will read those to just to see what happens next or if they get any better.

Broken and Healing book.

No comments: