Wednesday, January 17, 2007

The Anybodies by N.E. Bode

Did you ever suspect you were swapped in the hospital with the kid next to you by a flustered nurse having a bad day? Well, this is a story about Fern. She was swapped.
When she was unswapped her life turned into an adventure you can could never imagine, unless you read this book. She also felt so much better and things started making sense to her finally.

I really liked this book. It was quite cute and unpredictable. If you love books then this is the book to read because it is about people that love books!

I like the way the author refers to children's classics to tell this story and you can picture the story you read a long time ago as a child and just get it. Kind of clever.

I laughed a lot too while reading this book. If my grandmother (Nana) were still alive I imagine she was a lot like Fern's grandmother. My Nana loved to read books and had so many you could barely walk in her house. They were all piled up and I always wanted to stay with her a year so I could read them. She also had a peach tree in her backyard..or maybe it was an apricot tree.

This is a Whole book and a quick read. Well, it took me a few days because of all the interruptions but my son finished it in one night. This is the best book I have read all year!

No comments: