Friday, January 06, 2006

The New Year has begun without me...

I don't know where I was but I wasn't here when the new year started. I think I was still back getting ready for Christmas. I can't keep up.I haven't made even one New Years Resolution. Just a few tiny ones that I don't want to think about or write down yet...

I have been reading a book. It is really bad and really good. Love Hate type of book. I can't stop thinking about it but I wish I could. It is also eternally long. I am stuck somewhere in the middle of over 1000 pages. I keep reading but never move out of the middle of the book. I can't get anything done because I would rather be reading. Some might think it is a mutated form or depression or my mind has been seized by aliens. I think subconsciously I just need to take a break.

I can't take a break the new year has already started!!! I was left behind somewhere and pretend like I don't care but that word keeps coming back, "Responsibility". UHHHGGG. I have a family, 3 kids and a husband, a pesky cat that adopted us on our porch, and a fish. I can't just take a break! Who would feed them? Who would clean up after them and do the laundry and dishes and find their shoes? Who would make sure they thrive?

I'm the chairman of two small organizations and this Saturday it all comes to a critical pinnacle. I need to be ready to present and distribute material for these two organizations to move forward this year. I would rather be reading a book.So I sit here and start a blog about nothing and about something. It is the new year! What have I got to loose? ....oh yeah, time doing my resposibilites...

No comments: