Wednesday, November 21, 2007

A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini

This was a very disturbing book. I was also educational and well written. I am so glad I live in America with the freedoms that I take for granted and enjoy every day. I would not survive very long in Afghanistan and especially not in an arranged marriage or with an abusive husband.

The book is about two women. They begin there lives in very different ways and the story is in two different separate parts but they eventually come together in a most amazing friendship. They endure more then any human being should endure in life. They are abused and scared and pushed to the limits and over.

The History of this country is interwoven in the story. Luckily unlike the kite runner it ends happily ever after and I think I literally gave a sigh of relief. It was that intense to read this book.

Broken/Bent/Healing

1 comment:

elesa said...

Wow, I am so glad you Reviewed this book. Someone just recommended it to me, and I am very glad to know a little more about it. Thanks!