Sunday, March 05, 2006

The Princess And the Pauper by Mark Twain

WHOLE BOOK. I think it has a bit of HEALING in it too.
I liked this story. We listened to it on Tape so it had all the voices and parts. It was a story also filled with adventure! The princess and a boy from the London streets switch places on accident. Next thing you know they are on there own trying to survive in a foreign way of life. Both learn a lot about human nature and life. Both grow up quickly and take on responsibilities a boy of that age shouldn't have to have.
I was very moved by the compassion of one character that took the prince under his wing and tried to help. He didn't believe the boy was the prince. He thought he was just loosing his mind. Ironically the man also wasn't believed to be who he was when he tried to return to his home after being away for over 10 yrs.
Where is the seal? That is the reoccurring question that keeps popping up? I didn't know what it was and either did the pauper. I would read this one again and again. It was funny and imaginative and realistic.

I am on a Mark Twain spurt...I just can't get enough. I want to read the one about the jumping frog next...if I can find it. I am also looking for the book called Letter's from the Earth...our library doesn't carry it.

No comments: